The Art of Life
Photobucket I'm so glad you're here! "The Art of Life" is where I share my journey as an artist & Momma. It's a place where I hope to encourage other women that they are artists too. In this small little space I seek to share, document, and be reminded of God's wonderful grace, all around us. ....And I would be so happy to have you journey alongside me! So grab a cup of coffee and linger for a while. I hope you leave feeling refreshed. Photobucket

Friday, October 12, 2007

The Wisdom of Children


~~I had a conversation with my 5 1/2 year old tonight that meant a lot to me.
Sierra: "A boy on the playground said something that was bad, but that's okay. I just put his words in the trash can in my mind."
Me: "Oh. That's a good thing to do."
Sierra: "If someone says something good to me, I put them in the special box in my mind."
Me: "So you have a special box and a trash can in your mind?"
Sierra: "Yes. The special box is pretty. It's shaped like a heart with a ribbon on it. When someone says something nice to me, I put it in the special box in my mind. When someone says something mean, I put it in the trash can."
Me: "Sierra, that is such a good thing for you to do. Who told you about the special box and the trash can?"
Sierra: "Nobody. I just thought of it myself."

Ahhh. The wisdom of children.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I believe this shows what a good Mommy you are.

Belinda Lindhardt said...

Oh wow i think i will use this one myself :) what a clever girl and proud mummy you should be :)

Anonymous said...

How precious! What a tender heart! She sounds a lot like I remember her mommy being as a girl. :-)
~Angela

Alison said...

That is sooooo sweet and something we call all remember.

Anonymous said...

It's nice to know there are some really good kids growing up out there! And a good mom to go with 'em!

MD said...

What a lovely approach to life. Children are so precious. Hope they keep this attitude all their life, but I guess they will....
MD
x

60 toes said...

How sweet, I may have to try that!

Thanks for sharing.

Valerie Jones said...

Aaah...the beauty of a child's mind! I love her thinking...you're a wonderful mom!