The Art of Life
Photobucket I'm so glad you're here! "The Art of Life" is where I share my journey as an artist & Momma. It's a place where I hope to encourage other women that they are artists too. In this small little space I seek to share, document, and be reminded of God's wonderful grace, all around us. ....And I would be so happy to have you journey alongside me! So grab a cup of coffee and linger for a while. I hope you leave feeling refreshed. Photobucket

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Something new...


~~Would you like to know what I've been up to?...... I've been cheating on my beloved colored pencils, lol!
Smilies
Shhhhh! I know; very surprising for me. Most of you know that I usually only work in Prismacolor pencils. Lately I've just had the urge to get some paint out and play. This is the beginning of a monochromatic acrylic underpainting. I'm really just trying to establish values right now. I'll add the color on top. How much I show of this will depend on how well it goes. Hmmm. We'll see. It's definitely harder to paint with kiddos around. This morning Savannah figured out how to open my paints. I caught her before she decorated the wall or herself.
~~Thank you everyone, for the anniversary congratulations. I still can't believe it's been 8 years. Look at these beautiful flowers my Sweetie brought home.
~~Well, I've got two hungry munchkins so I'd better get started on supper.
Plus, it's very quiet which always makes me a little worried!
Have a great evening!

3 comments:

Rose Welty said...

Kasie, looking good so far! :-)

Belinda Lindhardt said...

Wow Kasie,

looking fantastic :) how are you enjoying it ? ... good on you for giving it a go i am proud of you :)

keep posting your progress :)

Alisha K. Ard said...

Those are beautiful flowers and a great start on your painting! I'm looking forward to seeing more on the painting :-)

(And happy belated anniversary!)