The Art of Life
Photobucket I'm so glad you're here! "The Art of Life" is where I share my journey as an artist & Momma. It's a place where I hope to encourage other women that they are artists too. In this small little space I seek to share, document, and be reminded of God's wonderful grace, all around us. ....And I would be so happy to have you journey alongside me! So grab a cup of coffee and linger for a while. I hope you leave feeling refreshed. Photobucket

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Rain, rain, go away!!


~~Today is the 18th straight day of rain. Not just a little bit of rain every day, but constant steady rain. It might break for short bits but before long it's raining again. The clouds parted just a tiny bit this afternoon and I saw a glimpse of blue sky. I haven't seen that in so long. I've never seen anything like this in my life. Streets are rivers. Fields are marshes.
~~It finally happened today. The creek/river that runs through town came out of its banks and parts of my small town are flooding. I'm honestly surprised that it held out this long. That's a picture of it above and yes, that is red water. We have red, red dirt here in Oklahoma which makes red, red mud! It's normally a small creek, not a raging red river.
We're safe where we are on the high side of town, but not everybody is so lucky.
~~I didn't mean for this post to be gloomy. I just want to say that if it's sunny where you are, PLEASE run outside and enjoy it for me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, it's all thunderstorms here today... but I'm going to try to be grateful that it isn't the 18th day to rain here! :-\

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. I praying you get some much needed sunshine.

Daisy said...

I keep seeing unbelievable video on the weather channel and CNN. I'm glad to hear you're on the high side of things! Think sun...