The Art of Life
Photobucket I'm so glad you're here! "The Art of Life" is where I share my journey as an artist & Momma. It's a place where I hope to encourage other women that they are artists too. In this small little space I seek to share, document, and be reminded of God's wonderful grace, all around us. ....And I would be so happy to have you journey alongside me! So grab a cup of coffee and linger for a while. I hope you leave feeling refreshed. Photobucket

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Work in Progress (WIP)





~~Here is my progress on my ballerina piece. I haven't decided on the actual name yet. (11"x14" Prismacolor on Black Stonehenge) The top picture is a photograph and the one underneath is a scan. You can tell by the differences in color that I'm having a hard time getting a picture that is truly accurate. When I'm completely finished I will work on that, but for now it just gives an idea of where I'm at. I am working on the tu-tu now. I know that I'm going to come back to add more color and tweak the values, but my main goal at the moment is just to get it in place.
~~To be honest, it's a little hard for me to post my WIPs. It feels like you're showing your naked picture, lol! I have an idea in my mind of how I want this to look when it's finished, but I'm the only one who can see that. It even took me a long time before I could let Dustin watch me work. But sometimes it really helps to see the steps taken. I know that it's the willingness of artists to share on sites like Wetcanvas and Scribbletalk that has allowed me to learn and grow while staying at home with my girls.
~~Colored pencil is a truly amazing medium. I have worked with other mediums such as oil and acrylic but I always come back to my Prismacolors. Most colored pencil artists I know are the same way. Maybe, when I have a little more time, I can share a few of the reasons why I love colored pencils. I really think more people should try them. I will be glad to share some of the resources and tips that have helped me along the way, but now, I must get started on dinner : )
I always welcome any thoughts or comments that you might have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kasie, I'm amazed at how life-like it is already starting to look! You have incredible talent, girl.

camport said...

Wow. Amazing seriously. My cousin is an artist and I've always been amazed at how you artists can paint/draw a face and make it look so life like.

Beautiful! Can't wait to see it finished.

:)Chrissy

Jordan McCollum said...

That's really awesome.

I really admire you for putting yourself out there and being willing to be vulnerable in blogging. It's vulnerability that enables us to really connect with our readers.

It's strange, but the lifelike details in your daughter's picture remind me of my son: the intent gaze upon a little object, the wrinkles in the bottom of the feet, the curled toes, the tilt of the head. Awesome job!