The Art of Life
Photobucket I'm so glad you're here! "The Art of Life" is where I share my journey as an artist & Momma. It's a place where I hope to encourage other women that they are artists too. In this small little space I seek to share, document, and be reminded of God's wonderful grace, all around us. ....And I would be so happy to have you journey alongside me! So grab a cup of coffee and linger for a while. I hope you leave feeling refreshed. Photobucket

Sunday, April 1, 2007

My Baby is a (Future) Track Star



My 2 year old is little but boy, is she fast! And to make it worse, she is absolutely fearless. Friday, on the way home from the doctor, we escaped the monsoon outside by rushing into the grocery store. The girls were happily settled into the "car cart" and we headed down the first aisle. Suddenly, my little one jumped out of the car and took off down the aisle as fast as her legs would carry her. I called out her name and she never slowed down, never even looked back. She hit the end of the aisle, turned and kept on going. My 5 year old says, "Mommy I'll get her!" And down the aisle she goes. I take off after the 2 of them, pushing the rattling, squeaky, and very awkward "car cart" which is now empty of its passengers. By the time we caught up with her, Savannah had made it to the complete opposite side of the store. I was not a happy camper.
Did I mention that my husband is Mr. Super-Athlete? He very actively participates in running, cycling, duathlons and triathlons. I am very proud of him. Truly, I am. But I'm thinking this is where the little Miss gets her speed.



He says that he wants our girls to be active. He can't wait until they're old enough to run with him. Hmmmm. Maybe I should send him to the grocery store with the 2 year old?

1 comment:

Jordan McCollum said...

Sounds like you've got it worked out there--let him run after them!